HPCL Rajasthan Refinery Ltd. (HRRL), a joint venture company between HPCL and the Government of Rajasthan, India, has selected Axens (Rueil-Malmaison, France; www.axens.net) to supply several advanced technologies for its state-of-the-art 9 MTPA integrated refinery and petrochemical complex to be set in Pachpadra Tehsil of Barmer District of Rajasthan. As part of the project, Axens will provide the following technologies:
– a naphtha hydrotreating unit (NHT)
– a semi-regenerative reformer
– a C5-C6 isomerization unit
– a VGO (vacuum gasoil) hydrotreater
– a cracked gasoline selective desulfurization (Prime-G+) unit
– a unit for the production of high purity 1-butene through ethylene dimerization (AlphaButol)
– a complete Sulfur block consisting of a Claus unit, a tail-gas treatment unit (Sultimate)
– a sour water stripping unit, an amine regeneration unit and sulfur handling facilities
The scope of Axens’ work includes the supply of process books, catalysts and adsorbents, proprietary equipment, trainings and technical services.
“With these numerous technologies, HRRL will be well positioned to supply the market with cleaner fuels and also high-quality petrochemicals for the coming decades”, says Jean Sentenac Axens chairman and CEO. “As a provider of technologies, catalysts, equipment and services such as training and technical assistance, Axens will support HRRL for this major project in India for a smooth and successful execution”.
Axens is recognized as a key global solutions provider in the Motor Spirit (MS) Block providing NHT, C5/C6 Isomerization and reforming processes, combining proven and reliable technologies with advanced catalytic solutions to produce high quality gasoline components meeting the latest Bharat Stage VI gasoline specifications.